Sunday 3 October 2010

A Day in the Life of a Cat

Someone once told me that for every 24 hours in a day, a typical domestic cat will sleep for 22 of them. As someone who has lived with the feline species for, well, forever, I can vouch that this statistic is 100% true. Never have I seen a cat fully awake for anything longer than, well, about 10 minutes at a time really!

Another fact which I have heard about cats is that they will only eat when they are hungry.

Ha! Yeah right! 

I mentioned earlier that they only stay awake for around 10 minutes at a time; that same sixth of an hour that they spend scoffing their face with Kitekat meat chunks in gravy.

Then, after hearing loads of these cat stats, I begin to wonder why we, human kind, are classed as the superior being. Domestic cats have it ALL! They are provided with all of the food, love and comfort that they could possible require, along with endless hours to be spent in stress-free relaxation. 

Maybe I should just pack it all in and become a cat...

If only.  

1 comment: